Tuesday, October 25, 2011

RunUp to the Runway

Remember how I was going to turn this:

Photobucket

Into this?

Photobucket

To wear to a runway show my sister was walking in? Yeah, it didn't go so well. I got the skirt done and it looked great. Then I sewed on the bodice, and it was so loose and bunchy and unflattering. So then I took off the bodice, made some more adjustments, sewed it on again, and even though it technically "fits", it still looks saggy and sad.  So I abandoned it and quickly made a skirt so that I didn't have to go naked.

I think I have skirt body dismorphia, because I cannot make a skirt fit me to save my life.  This thing is tiny.  I had to wear it under my boobs to get the dang thing zipped.  But then I put on a jacket over it and you couldn't tell anyway.

Photobucket

Alisa in her model hair and makeup.  The fashion show was a mix of local designers and students.

Photobucket

Sparkly shoes!

Photobucket

I hope Lori doesn't kill me for posting this picture, but she was in London and bought the Alexander McQueen royal wedding Pippa bridesmaid dress. She was demonstrating how Alexander's expert cut and seaming gives her an ass worthy of royalty.

Photobucket


It was a good night in fashion for Milwaukee!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Well you look fab - are they real Mui Mui's or a very clever copy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are real! They were my birthday present from my husband.

    ReplyDelete

Followers