Friday, March 9, 2012

The Sewing List

It's nearing spring, which means there are about a million things I want to make.  I sort of lost interest in sewing over the winter, but that's not surprising because I really don't like winter clothes.  Sundress season is almost upon is, and I've been finding inspiration everywhere I go.  I can't look at Google Reader without adding something to my inspiration folder!

Right now in the queue I have:

  • Fabric and a pattern to make this dress that I saw in Glamour magazine.  I have the muslin done and I am just waiting for the fabric to arrive from eBay.  I can't believe I found the exact fabric!  I just Googled "Eiffel Tower fabric" and this came up.  It's Michael Miller Paris Ville, if anyone is interested in making their own.
Photobucket



Photobucket


  • Fabric and a pattern to make my own variation of Anthropologie's Bike Lane dress.  I couldn't find the actual fabric, but Michael Miller again saves the day with his Bicycle Haze print.  I like the color scheme of the Michael Miller better, anyway.  I already had the PERFECT pattern in my stash, which is a 1940's Simplicity that I got at an antique store for $1. The pattern doesn't have the buttons up the back, but I can easily add those.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


  • Simplicity 2861 again in music note print fabric.  Sure, it's silly, but I play the cello and it reminds me of this Dolce & Gabanna dress worn by Katy Perry.  I've already started this one, and so far I have everything cut out and the darts on the bodice done.
Photobucket


Photobucket

  • Speaking of cello, I need a do-over of my Orchestra dress.  This actually went to Goodwill a couple days ago.  The bodice was so, so tight, and I couldn't move my arms because of it.  Not very good for playing the cello!  The new plan is this Simplicity which I got at Joann's in a $1.99 sale, made up in Kaufman Cotton Sateen.  This one will have to be a priority because I need to wear it for a concert at the beginning of May.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

So the next few months will be very busy with projects to work on! What's on your list?

7 comments:

  1. It's funny you should post this because I've been wanting to copy that first dress too! Except I saw it at Modcloth: http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/year-abroad-dress

    Great sleuthing on the fabric. What pattern are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Paris fabric is so cute! Now I want it! In fact, I'm going to ebay to check that out right now. I love the sheet music fabric, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Paris fabric is really interesting - hope you have some bright red shoes to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow - such great projects in the pipeline. I really really love all of your fabric choices and cannot wait to see the finished results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, love all these projects. I discovered the Modcloth Year Abroad dress a couple of weeks ago and was excited to come across the Paris Ville fabric today. And now I found your blog and you're planning the exact same project. Awesome. Which pattern are you using for the year abroad dress? And how much fabric did you buy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and I play in an orchestra too and sing in a choir, so I have the same problem that I never have enough black clothes that look nice for those occasions. I'm also planning to make a simple black dress - with simplicity 2180. Can't wait to see how all your dresses turn out!

    ReplyDelete

Followers