Monday, March 12, 2012

A small road block with my Paris dress

The fabric came on Saturday, and it's beautiful and soft, but there's one huge problem.  The print goes horizontally along the length of the fabric, not the width!  Since it's (obviously) a one-way directional print, I don't have enough fabric for the skirt pieces.  My music note fabric was a one-way directional, and I had no problems, which is why I only ordered two yards!  The stripe went along the width of the fabric, though.

Photobucket

So, looks like I am ordering another yard before I can start.  In the meantime, I have to just do the hem and zipper on my music note dress and it's done, and my Michael Miler bicycles have been shipped and their estimated date of arrival is tomorrow.  At least I have backup projects!

6 comments:

  1. This is all very exciting...what pretty, pretty fabrics!!! Shame about the issues with the one above, but I'm sure with more fabric you'll get the dress you dreamed of ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! That fabric does look great, I'm sure you'll make a wonderful garment with it :) I've given you a Versatile Blogger Award, if you'd like to accept it please have a look on my blog for the details but it's no obligation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh bummer! At least you can get more. It could be worse if they had run out. The pattern is so gorgeous! I can't wait to see your finished dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it makes you feel any better, my sewing machine broke this week. I will be doing a lot of measuring, cutting & pinning this week while I settle on my new machine. Any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This amazing! I love the print. I'm scared to work with the quilting cottons but you're inspiring me to not skip past that area of the store. And also, sorry about your kitty. A trend I have noticed - sewist bloggers are almost unilaterally cat people. It's a thing.

    ReplyDelete

Followers